Months ago Ella became a big fan of school buses, noticing them everywhere, asking when she can ride on one, and playing with them. So, about 6 weeks ago I was wandering around a teaching supplies store and came up with the idea to get a school bus bulletin board and some paper kids that Ella can earn or lose based on her behavior. When she gets all the kids on her school bus (8) she wins a special prize. I had no idea if it would interest her or be motivation enough to behave but it
totally works!!!!! She has worked hard and used lots of restraint to earn kids on her bus and it took 5 weeks but Sunday was the big day! She got all 8 kids on her bus and it was time for a trip to "the ice cweem store." We were SO proud of her. Hopefully we'll get 8 more kids on the bus soon!

A full bus! I left up the little blue sticky things when she lost kids and it helped her learn to count how many more she needed-I saw the foundations of addition and subtraction floating around in her little head :-)

With daddy-so excited for ice cream!

Trying to pick a flavor

She went with Cotton Candy (which is blue) ice cream with MnMs in it and ate about 4 bites before she was all done and ready to run around. You'd think that ice cream you'd worked for 5 weeks to win would get eaten. Nope.

Happy with her blue mustache. She was thrilled about her outing with mommy and daddy and that's what counts :-)
I like those kids WAY better than the ones we have. Looks like we're going back to Learning How.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Goooo Ella.....
ReplyDeleteLove Jan and Caroline
I could never make ice cream a prize that had to be earned over time, 'cause that would mean that I couldn't take him for ice cream in the meantime! I do not have as much restraint as a 2-year-old.
ReplyDelete