The Christy's always let us borrow their portable DVD player for long car trips-it's a lifesaver. Ella is obsessed with the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD and Zoe's Dance Moves. This time we hooked her up with headphones which was great so we weren't all singing "A says ah, A says ah" for 3 hours.

The first day we went straight to the beach. Ella really wanted to make a sand castle. She'd only seen them in books and we really have been talking about them for MONTHS so it was really exciting to see her face light up when Aunt Marissa taught her how to use wet sand to build a tower. She was thrilled!

It didn't last long but Ella did try to lay down and read with the rest of us for a few minutes.


It's probably a little known fact but I LOVE swimming. I LOVE the feeling of being underwater and since I spent almost every day of my childhood summers at the pool, it's sort of nostalgic. I was in the pool more than anyone else on this trip and practiced all my old tricks (handstands, forward and backward flips etc.). It was so much fun! Ella enjoyed it too mostly because her bathing suit ROCKS and she can totally "swim" around the pool by herself! I highly recommend these suits with flotation devices built in. And you don't even need a fancy one, this one was $9.98 at Walmart and it's been great all summer.
On our last day we went to the board walk at Rehoboth (thanks for the tip Ed!) and Ella got to ride on a bunch of cool rides. Definitely very kid friendly (and cheap!).
Just before heading home we got some Ice Cream and tried (futily) to teach Ella to lick it so it wouldn't drip. She just kept insisting that she needed napkins. She's really the neatest eater ever which is unusual in toddler world.
And last but not least...we stopped at a McDonalds on the way home for a bathroom break and CRACKED UP when we saw this lady on her motorized scooter at the drive thru. To top it off she had her little lap dog sitting on it with her!
I'm glad that most of your trip was fun :) You should send that picture to failblog.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the swimming. I love being in the water. When I was growing up we'd have swim team practice first thing in the morning and just stay at the pool all day during the summer. I even love the smell of an indoor pool.
ReplyDeleteWe were at the same beach earlier this summer! Not Rehoboth, but Cape Henlopen just north of there.