Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You NEED happy clothes!!

Chris got home from a meeting with a client in DC a little while ago. He usually works from home but sometimes heads out to meet with clients and when he does go, usually wears a suit. Well, today he came in wearing his suit and sat down and started talking to Ella. Here's how the conversation went.

Chris: Hi Ella! How are you?
Ella: Daddy you need to take off your clothes.
Chris (laughing): What? Why?
Ella: DAD you NEED to take off your clothes. Put on happy clothes.
Dad: But these are happy clothes, I'm happy!
Ella (starting to get a little sad): No. Those are bye-bye clothes. You need to take them off.

We almost melted from the cuteness. I guess because Chris only wears a suit when he's leaving and she was worried that he would leave again if he left it on. Awww...melts my heart.

4 comments: