Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hopefully Helpful Hint....(basically a PSA for BlogReader)

This keeps coming up so I've decided to blog about it. Blogs are great. Mine is primarily my record of Ella's life/schedule/cuteness so I don't forget it and can access this info when I have future kids and have forgotten how to do everything. Other people's blogs are more audience focused and entertaining and intentionally well written (sorry folks, that's not my goal). Some are funny, some are touching, some give advice. Regardless, I'm enjoying this age of blogs mostly because I can keep up with the lives and kids of friends all over the world. But, it would be SUPER annoying to have to bookmark each blog and remember to check it, never knowing if they'll update four times this week or four times this month. So, some genius at google had the same problem (I'm guessing) and invented Blog Reader. It's SO smart. I've had it for over a year but I keep coming across people who don't know about the wonders of blog reader so I feel it is my duty to inform you. All you have to do is cut and paste the web address of the blogs you want to read and now, blog reader will put in bold the blogs that have new posts and tell you how many! AND you can read (most of) the posts right on the same page. Now I never miss a post, I only have to go to one page instead of 12 and my blog reading is so simple and quick! So, for all of you frustrated people trying to keep up with more than one blog, I highly recommend it. Just click here to get all set up.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Corinne!

    I think I may write a similar post. I don't know how anyone can keep up with blogs without a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I use Google Reader and love it.

    ReplyDelete