Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Ode to Playgroup

We started going to a Playgroup when Ella was only about 2 months old. It was really for me at that point-to get out of the house, get advice from other moms, and begin to let Ella begin to become the social butterfly that she is. We've continued to be part of the same playgroup for the last 2+ years. We've laughed together a lot and our kids have grown together and we've benefited from each other's parenting successes (and learned from each other's failures!). Overall, it's been a blessing to get an evite for every other wednesday for these past 30 some months. What a blessing you all are in my life and Ella's. I hope for MANY more to come.




Ella sang at the top of her lungs most of the time she was playing in the pool. I think it distracted her from the fact that the water was freezing!

Trying on a helmet was SO exciting for her! We mostly have tiaras around here.

So, she wants to be a football player and a cheerleader...sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment