Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random Update and Pics

It's been a pretty good week so far and Ella has had her "terrible two" moments but she managed to get all of the kids on her schoolbus again! She got a Curious George stuffed animal and a Mickey Mouse puzzle for her "prize" and was very happy. She is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (the show and all the characters) right now. Her cutest current phrases are "are you happy?" (she asks all the time and then says "good! I'm happy too!") and "can I help you with anything?" which is a wonderful thing to hear. We're working on potty training again but in a laid back sort of way. We've been able to spend some time this week with old friends from Virignia Tech Navs and it's been awesome. We really miss being connected to the mission and vision and community of the Navigators in our daily lives. I really hope God leads us back to that in some fashion in some season of life. Now for some recent pics of the little one...


Cousins :-)

More cousins

Playing guitar with daddy

Playing "dentist" (she likes getting her teeth brushed if she gets a paper towel bib and to recline-it's hysterical)

I surprised Ella and crawled into her crib one morning, she wasn't as pleased as I'd hoped

She liked it once Daddy came in and "fweeked out" and wanted to take our picture

It's a little hard to tell but yes, somehow Ella and Hannah were inside this DOLL tent, yes, a tent for dolls, not children...

And finally...Marissa graduated! She now has a Masters in Community Arts...YAY Marissa!

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics :)

    Yay Marissa!

    I'm going to have to try that dentist thing.

    ReplyDelete