Tuesday was Ella's first day of school! She's only going two mornings a week but that doesn't mean I didn't cry Monday night and Tuesday morning. What a big milestone to put a backpack on your child and send them off, homework in hand (she really had homework!), to SCHOOL! I can't believe it. Ella is the ideal candidate for preschool though. She's so independent, so social, and SO ready to learn. I'm excited about this new environment for her to get some input that is different from what she gets at home. She did great on her first day. She was so excited to finally go to school-she's been talking about it since january so it was awesome to see her "dreams" fulfilled. She hardly hesitated at all when it was time to leave me and follow the line leader upstairs (exactly what I expected). Both of her teachers said she was "a joy" when I picked her up so I hope that continues. I think it'll be a good year!

All dressed and ready to go

VERY excited

Raleigh got in on the big walk to the car (Ella beaming, Chris taking pictures, me just being anxious)

Lining up with all the other kids. That's her teacher in red. She and Ella have the same hair!

My last glimpse of her as they went up the stairs to their classrooms. Yay Ella!
Yay Ella! Get a great start, loving school right from the beginning. Nana
ReplyDeleteI am so glad she had a good first day and that you are holding up! She is so adorable and you can tell she was excited to go! How encouraging for you to be able to "let go" just a little bit knowing what a great preschooler she is! I can't believe she had homework! Yikes!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are WAY cute! Yay Ella!
ReplyDeleteSo proud, all choked up. She has had the best pre-preschool training any family, especially her mommy and daddy could give. God Bless you ALL. The tears are flowing....happy, proud tears.
ReplyDeleteGO ELLA!!!
Wow, time flies by. I bet that was hard for you mom...Ella looks so so cute in her first day of school dress.
ReplyDelete