Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It has to slide down!!

Ella was stalling and didn't want to go to bed (this is new as of 3 nights ago) so after she was all tucked in she screamed and cried and eventually insisted she had to go potty.  I let her go and she sat there FOREVER and talked and talked about all kinds of things, perfectly happy to be out of her bed and "winning" the go to bed fight.  I was not thrilled however and I kept asking if she was all done and of course, she said no.  Then...

Me: Ella, I think you're all done.  It's been a long time and nothing is coming out.  All your pee pee is out.
Ella: No Mommy!  I need to go pee pee and poo poo.  The poo poo is all the way up here in my head and it has to go all the way down down down to my heinie.
Me: Really?
Ella: Yes.  It has to slide slide slide down.  That takes time mom.

Well, she shut me up with that.  What do you say to that?  I guess that would take time.  So I left her alone and came out and started writing this.  Lo and behold 2 minutes later she calls out "Mommy!  The poo poo came down!!" and she was right.  Huh.  I totally thought she was making it up about having to go at all.  Her stalling tactics certainly worked though.  She demanded the promised 2 treats (MnMs) for when she goes #2 in the potty.  Then, of course we had to re-brush her teeth etcetera. Oh well, at least she certainly entertained me in the process :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, this has happened at our house. (Minus that extremely astute explanation) I swear that the kid can poop on command if she wants to stall bedtime enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I'm laughing OUT LOUD at this story. Hannah just looked up, started laughing and said, "Are you laughing mommy?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, way to go in giving her the benefit of the doubt. I would have so wanted to put her to bed! :) 6 more weeks and I get to join motherhood fun!

    ReplyDelete