Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Little Mom

Conversation in the car tonight

Me: Ella what are you doing back there?
Ella: Just feeding baby doll.  Mommy, I LOVE her. 
Me: That's great!  What is she eating?
Ella: Milk.  She LOVES milk.  In a bottle.  She LOVES bottles.
Me: Ella did you know that when you were a little baby I fed you milk in a bottle?
Ella: Yeah!  But now I'm a big girl and I learned how to feed baby doll!  Mom?
Me: Yes?
Ella: Daddy said I'm a good helper and baby doll needs me to help her with her bottle.  Mom, babies don't know how to do anything!
Me (chuckling): you're right!  They do need help.
Ella: Yeah, and I'm bigger and taller so they need me to take care of them.  Mom?
Me: Yes?
Ella: I'm a good helper to tiny babies. 
Me: Yes you are.  I'm proud of you.
Ella: Me too.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should give her a tiny baby to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is TOO stinkin' CUTE! (And Holly's comment makes me grin.. .hehe)

    ReplyDelete