Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Block Party Fun

We had a fun Sunday afternoon with friends at their Church's Block Party/Carnival type thing. There was food, a train to ride that the kids loved (we went twice), a rock wall (maybe next year), a few moon bounces (I almost jacked myself UP in that thing), an enormous slide (SO much fun-Ella went 4 times), watermelon (Chris ate about 8 pieces), and face painting (Ella went twice). Thanks for the invite Christys! It was a blast!


The Dads and daughters (Ella was being shy for some reason)

Beautiful family :-)

Chris looking hot

Me trying to hoist myself up on this thing

mid-fall

I knocked Ella over when I fell! It was a mess!

Ella and I coming down the slide! SO fun! (much safer than that moon bounce obstacle course!)

Ella wanted an "Ella"-phant on her cheek

The fam!

3 comments:

  1. There are so many things here that crack me up, though the first and best is that you said "JACKED-UP" I'm still giggling. You're great.

    I LOVE the last picture! What a cute family you guys are!!

    Ella's elephant looks a bit like it's trying to pick her nose :)

    Carl looks hardcore. I wouldn't want to meet him in an alley. Holly it's a good thing you guys are sweet and cute enough to offset his tough exterior. hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such an adorable family! I love all the pics and how cute Ella is with her Ella-phant! She is such a beautiful little girl! You can see her inside beauty radiating on the outside whe she smiles!

    ReplyDelete