Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Phases...

If there's anything I've learned as a mom, it's that kids go through phases. In everything: what they like to eat, when/if they like to sleep, and what they like to play with/do. Ella is in some STRONG phases right now.

1.Puzzles
She is SO stinkin' good at puzzles. She does 25 piece jigsaw puzzles by herself in about ten minutes. And she'll take them apart and do them over and over again. Phases where she'll sit and do anything for more than 15 minutes are rare and exciting around here.


2.Leap Frog's Letter Factory Video
We borrowed this a couple weeks ago from a friend. 2 mom friends swear their kids learned all the letters and the sounds they make from this video. Ella doesn't know all the letters yet but she's learned some and she's OBSESSSSSSSED with the video. She's just coming off of being really into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which at least has many different episodes. This is just one 40 minutes video that she's seen SO many times and begs for daily. At least it's educational and she's enjoying it!

3. Stickers
Ella loved stickers about a year ago but hasn't been too interested for a while. A couple weeks ago Chris sat with Ella at the bar in the kitchen and they played with stickers for over an hour! As I said, Ella (like most 2 yr olds) usually loses interst in most things after about 10-15 minutes but this started something new. It's lasted a couple weeks not and she'll still sit there with stickers and paper for a good 30 minutes. I've fallen in love with her "style." She ALWAYS overlaps the stickers and makes these awesome collage/mosaic looking creations. Someone told her to spread them out on the page but I tell her to go with her style. Way to be unique Ella Bella!




A couple of her creations

5 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Her creations are really cool...Keep up the creativity Ella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on to these. Just think...in the 60's and 70's art like this sold for thousands and thousands of dollars. You may have a fortune on your kitchen table.

    Ella, you are SO,SO,So unique.

    Love it.

    Abuela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is an amazing artist! I praise you for allowing to 'go her own way'...She is amazing!
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella is so stinkin' cute! I love how excited she looks with the puzzles! Z is the same way with puzzles! Sometimes I would go to the library just so he could play with them and have more variety than what we have here.

    Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see some of her aunt coming out! I would have been the anal kid who spent 5 minutes on each sticker trying to get it straight and evenly spaced...

    ReplyDelete