First we went to a "bra-stretching" Breast Cancer awareness event where the 10 of us my mom invited brought bras and joined a ton of other women in hooking them together and stretching them almost a mile! It was a cool event and there were a lot of survivors (including 2 in our group!) with great stories.
My grandmother was there-she's a 14 year Breast Cancer Survivor!
Next we went across the street to one of the nicest spas I've ever been to and everyone spent almost 3 hours there getting pampered! It was soooo nice. I must go back...(hint, hint Chris)
Afterwards we had a catered dinner at my parents house, cake, and dancing to live music from my father-in-law's band! Ella stayed up until 11pm and did really well-she cried when we left and I'm sure I was more tired than she was (she napped for 4 hours that afternoon in preparation!) Great party :-)
I'm glad you explained about the bras, because when I looked at the first photo, I thought, "So did all these ladies take off their bras?!!" It was nice to know they had kept theirs on! :) What a great celebration. Happy Birthday, Marion! My big question is, how on earth did you get Ella to nap for 4 hours in the afternoon before the party? I'm lucky if Mikey naps for 2 hours!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Kristen-Ella doesn't nap anymore (it's been a few months). However, if she stays up late at night (like she does once a week when we have small group) she will usually nap the next day. That was the case on the day of the party and the fact that she napped that long was just a fluke/blessing!
ReplyDeleteHaha... I was wondering how you got the pre-emptive nap to work out!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time... unique, special, and fun!
Dear Corinne,
ReplyDeleteThanks for this memory. The happiest time of the day for me was was when I looked around after blowing out the candles and saw you, Ella and Marissa right behind me...I had to work to choke back the tears. The second happiest was sitting in the spa with 4 generations of BERK girls...Choking back tears now. Sorry, I am still the weepy type. I am so glad Ella got that 4 hour nap...She was excited up until the last moment that she was here. Love you guys.