Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A "Gwowling" Tummy

The other morning I awoke to the daily, sing-songy voice of my toddler yelling "Mommmmmyyyy, I have to go potty!"  I was especially groggy and not feeling well so I woke Chris up and asked him if he could get her and I'd be there in a minute.  Being a super-loving husband, he obliged and I rolled over for another minute of rest.

A minute or two later I hear them in the hallway
Ella: Daddy, I'm really hungry for breakfast.  My tummy is gwowling!!
Chris: Ok! What would you like?
Ella: How about pancakes?

***I interrupt this story to tell you my thoughts at this moment "ugghhh, I'm going to have to get up now because it's a work morning and we never cook hot breakfasts on weekdays...Chris is going to say "Well, how about we get mommy"  Not because I'm the pancake maker (that's Chris' specialty) but because then I could break it to her that her choices were cereal or a frozen waffle." I took a deep breath and listened to the rest of the conversation...***

Chris: Sure!

That's it.  No "we don't have time" or "Daddy has to work" or "how about a waffle, that's like a pancake!" or even "let's wake mommy up to help us."  I totally underestimated the complete sweetness and devoutely loving nature of my husband.

And it gets even better.  Here's what I came out to find about 15 minutes later.
I live with the best two people in the world.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. You have a great husband. You should call up the person who introduced you and tell her how great she is. And maybe buy her a present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhaaaaahaaa. Thank you Amy. You are the best sister-in-law ever for introducing me to my husband :-) I'll see if I can come up with a present :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about you just buy me a present because... well, because I'm so sweet and likable?

    hehe, kidding.

    Your family is amazing. I think it's incredible that we've all been blessed with husbands that are generally (because even we aren't always so willing, either) willing to serve us and our kids with a lot of fun and joy.

    Um, and your kid? She's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,
    She certainly owes you Big Time. So do WE.

    Corinne...You are very deserving of such love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet and wonderful. Something you will remember forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that's so sweet. It's times like that that can make a person feel so very blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete