Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

All of a sudden...

Ella has never been into coloring or drawing and all of a sudden she can sit and draw for long periods of time! Ok, so it's like 15-20 minutes, but that's a long time when you're 3. Chris and I have been genuinely shocked at how quickly she's begun to draw things that a week ago she said "I don't know how! You draw it for me." It's so exciting to watch.


This is a picture of Chris with "Dad" written at the top :-)

A self-portrait :-)



Me! And check out the flower on the bottom right. She refused to draw a flower earlier that day because she said she never had and didn't know how. That's pretty darn good for your first flower in life!! We're loving this blossoming artist phase!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Ella!! Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline just started drawing faces the same way, especially the eyes. It is amazing how detailed they can be. Ella is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cor, Chris,

    Such growth must bring you joy! And it keeps on happening the rest of your lives...maybe not as dramatic always but you can look forward to a lifetime of joy....watching your daughter grow.

    Ask me how I know!

    ReplyDelete