Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Fuse Beads


Step One: use lots of patience, creative design, and extreme manual dexterity. Top it off with fabulous fine motor skills.

Step Two: Endure the warming of the iron and awaiting an adult's help

Step Three: Use wax paper over your design to iron and thus fuse the beads together (DO NOT use a paper towel-I did, not one of my brightest moments)

Step Four: Admire your work of art! Good job Christopher!!


By the way:
1)Ella had never finished one before Christopher came over and did one and she was inspired and diligently worked very hard and made one the next morning :-)
2) They carry these at Michael's but the ones from Ikea are much cheaper (but the beads are also smaller thus better for older kids)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I didn't know you took pictures! Christopher saved his until Matthew got home and then gave it to his Daddy as a present.

    ReplyDelete