Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Left over Hershey stuff...

This is the first time one day has been fodder for 4 blog posts. But it was an excellent day :-)

The chocolate-themed-ness of Hershey is just shy of annoying, I find the kiss shaped light poles endearing :-)

After the Gardens Ella and I went to Chocolate World and I got Ella to imitate the candy on the roof :-) Also, I am happy to report that I did not spend a dime there and Ella was completely satisfied with her miniature Hershey bar they gave out at the end of the ride. She didn't even ask for anything even though we walked around a store full of chocolate that is the size of a football field. What a great moment for her to be content!

Ella really likes the ride in Chocolate World. It's just our pace: moves about 2 miles an hour, no loops, smells like chocolate, cows sing a catchy (though quite repetitive) tune, educational info on how chocolate is made, and free candy at the end! The new piece of info Ella picked up on was that cacao plants grow in Africa. She was so excited to hear this and kept saying "Mommy, that's where Gedeon lives!!"(the child we support through Compassion Intl.) Great content for our next letter to Gedeon because Ella really wants to know if he likes chocolate as much as she does :-)

2 comments:

  1. How long were you there? You certainly covered a lot of territory. I am so happy you had a great time. I am serious about going up in the Fall with Popeye. Maybe you will join us.

    Hurray Hershey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the way to camp last week Ella told us about her friend Gideon that lives in Africa. She was so matter of fact about it and spoke like they they saw each other on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete