Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Fall Crowns

So, while we were at the Tire Park I saw some kids with leaf crowns on and decided I had to figure out how to do it! So, I'm passing on my leaf-crown-making instructions because I think they're wicked cool :-)

Step 1: send your child to gather large, still flexible leaves with stems


Step 2: Lay out leaves and choose the most uniform in size, pretty, and flexible


Step 3: Separate stems from leaves


Step 4: Use stem to "sew" leaves together


Step 5: Lay out band of leaves to make any final touches, then fit to size of child's head and weave final stem to connect


Step 6: Wear 'em!



2 comments:

  1. They were SO cute in their crowns! I'm kind of sad the fun part of fall is ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe nice! I think reading about it in Amy's blog last is where my idea and mental pictures come from. :-)

    ReplyDelete