Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

More Conversations...

We were talking in the car about why I gave money to a homeless man
Me: Some people don't even have a place to live so we want to share some of what we have
Ella:Yeah. But there's one thing we don't give away.
Me: What?
Ella: Money. We save it in the bank.
Me: But we also give it away to people who need it.
Ella:Well, I'm going to save my money and buy us a house with stairs and a basement.
Me: (chuckling) Ok.
a minute later
Ella: Mom? You're right. We have a lot of stuff and we just keep getting more! I think we have enough now. We should share.
Me: I agree.


At lunch with my sister
Ella:Ok, who is one of my favorite people, who lives with Abuela, who is very funny?
Marissa and me: (laughing) ummm...we need another hint
Ella:ok...oh! He loves diners!
Us: Popeye!!
Ella: You got it!! Let's play again!
(she had just invented this game and we kept playing for a while and she was always surprised when we guessed right!)


In the car after picking Ella up from school
Ella: Mom? Does God ever tell you stories?
Me: Ummm...what do you mean?
Ella:You know, I hear God tell me stories all the time!
Me: Really? What does it sound like?
Ella:I dunno
(then I tried lots of voices but none of them sounded like God apparently)
Me:What kind of stories does he tell you?
Ella:ones like the kind Daddy makes up
Me: Oh! Those are good ones. When do you hear Him telling stories?
Ella: all the time! Like when mommy or daddy aren't talking to me...
Me: You hear it in your head when you're by yourself?
Ella: yeah, or when it's night time. He just tells really good stories.


After my dad read her bedtime story when he was over for dinner
Ella: Mom, Popeye is one of my favorite boys. He's great. He's so great at reading books and everything. He's my favorite boy. And I really like Daddy too.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the background, have I mentioned that?

    My favorite is the one about God telling her stories. What a great kid you have :-)

    ReplyDelete