Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Pumkpin Carving
We collected pumpkins from various fall outings over the last couple weeks and ended up with a perfect bunch of 3-a small, medium, and large (which is what Ella likes to point out our family has one of each size-thank God I'm the medium). I LOVE carving pumpkins and scooping out the goop and roasting the seeds and lighting the pumpkins outside. It's all part of the tradition of fall for me and we've been doing it every year with Ella too. This year Chris added a great idea for a way for Ella to see deep into the pumpkin while scooping it out :-)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cool coincidence. I posted our pumpkin carving pics today too :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the head lamp!